About Lauren Kates
I am a focused, creative and fun writer with a passion for innovative marketing. My past specializations have been in online technology, marketing, printing, luxury real estate, golf and country club promotion, hospitality and local business.
06/10 – Present Lauren Kates Copywriting San Francisco, CA
Marketing and Advertising Copywriting
- I am currently working on multiple freelance projects as an advertising, marketing and lifestyle copywriter.
08/11 – 09/11 hi5 Networks San Francisco, CA
Online Casual Social Gaming Website
Community Support Coordinator
- Acted as the liaison between the company and community members spanning numerous languages, nationalities and cultures.
- Developed a plan for improving communication procedures between company and game developers, community moderators and game community members.
- Evaluated newly submitted casual social games for bugs, content and monetization potential.
- Monitored and interacted within active communities to discover trends, bugs and user opinions.
- Processed international legal subpoenas and reported criminal user content to appropriate authorities.
- Monitored external customer support agents for workflow efficiency and quality assurance.
05/09-Present Cotton & Company Stuart, FL
High-end luxury real estate marketing and advertising agency.
Traffic Manager, A.E. Assistant, Junior A.E., Account Executive, Copywriter, Social Media Coordinator
- Began as an intern traffic manager, scheduling and coordinating all production as a liaison between Creative, Production, Media and Account Services departments.
- Served as an assistant to an Account Executive and subsequently took over all A.E. duties for two clients while a position was vacant, coordinating all creative strategy, production requests, event planning, budgeting, quoting, invoicing, and client communication.
- Delivered multiple high-quality projects (including simultaneous print, radio, television, and Internet campaigns) on time within an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Created and developed strong working relationships with internal teams, Clients, and vendors.
- Wrote headlines, body copy, and successful calls-to-action for newspaper, magazine, Internet, e-mail blast, and collateral marketing.
- Spearheaded the development and implementation of inbound marketing and social media strategies, and creating the framework for successful corporate and client internet marketing initiatives.
08/04-05/09 Florida Atlantic University Jupiter/Port St. Lucie, FL
University student government organization.
Campus Governor, University Wide Representative, Student Senator, Senate Secretary
- Served in both elected and appointed positions throughout college career.
- Duties included planning activities and services, strategic budgeting, taking minutes, hiring, staff management, and serving as a representative of over 3000 students.
06/03-07/07 Liberty Medical Supply, Inc. Port St. Lucie, FL
Prescription and diabetic testing supply distribution call center.
Workforce Analyst Coach, Reorder Sales Representative, Special Projects
- Began as a temporary data entry representative in summers in high school and college. Worked up to a phone representative and later to a management position.
- Duties included data entry, telephone sales, customer service, monitoring representatives and integrating new programs and coaching procedures to encourage efficient workflow.
- Awarded Helping Hand award for excellence in departmental assistance in July 2007.
May 2009 Florida Atlantic University Port St. Lucie, FL
Bachelor’s degree in marketing.
May 2006 Indian River Community College Port St. Lucie, FL
Associate’s degree in education.
May 2004 Port St. Lucie High School Port St. Lucie, FL
High school diploma with honors.